Why Marketing to Hospitality is Different
To promote your business effectively, you need to say the right things, reach the right people and create an impression that motivates action.
Suppliers to the hospitality industry have a unique challenge as they try to increase awareness and consideration of their products and services to cafes, restaurants, bistros and bars, because marketing to these venues, particularly through social media, is significantly different to many other industries.
Consider five reasons why you need to consider tailoring your efforts to be more effective in your social media and digital marketing to this exciting sector:
- Cafe owners & venue managers are typically time-poor and could be prone to ‘information overload’ when it comes to all the decisions that need to be made in the set-up and day-to-day operation of their venue. So marketing needs to be eye-catching and succinct, not gimmicky.
- Rather than being emotion-driven, B2B purchase decisions are generally more pragmatic & practical, so the ‘business case’ for taking up your product or service needs to be well spelled out.
- Hospitality venues are always looking for new ways to attract or retain customers, so ‘awareness marketing’ focused on customer-oriented innovations will be of key interest – particularly if you can demonstrate how venues can use and promote your innovation to best effect.
- ‘Relevance’, or the demonstration that your advice is worth listening to and your product or service is worth consideration, is critical in B2B marketing.
- More than any other industry, most hospitality venues are active on Instagram, so to get noticed in hospitality, you need a relevant presence on this platform. This means that you need to tell your story in pictures or graphics, which presents another challenge.
At Marketing2Hospitality, we work with suppliers to meet these challenges, so that your social media and digital presence can more effectively dovetail with your overall marketing strategies and bring better results.